Database Issues in the Cloud

Database Issues in the Cloud

So, I've been doing a lot of work on a prototype application in recent months.  I've experimaented with a lot of different entities, entity attributes, etc. to the point where I get numerous warnings about missing fields because Outsystems never deletes entities or entity atributes, which I understand.  I'm also unable to reset the identity value which I thought I'd be able to do with an Advanced SQL but I don't have privileges for that it appears.

So, here's my plan.

1) Save all my eSpaces as OML files on my desktop
2) Delete all entity data
3) Delete the application and all eSpaces
4) Recreate my application and upload all eSpaces

My questions.

1) When I delete the application and all eSpaces will the database get deleted?  If not, will that be counted against my 1 GB of space?

2) When I upload all my saved OML files will a new database be created (even if the answer to the previous question is no)?

3) Do I have to change the application or eSpace names for this to work?

4) Does anyone know of any issues with doing this that I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Curt -

I partially know some of these:

1. The DB does NOT get deleted when you delete an eSpace.

2. No, it will create separate tables, either with a different prefix or a numbetr added at the end of the table name (I forget which).

3. No, changing the eSpace names will not force it to delete the previously created tables.

4. If you need to actually delete the data, you will need to actually delete the data. That means that you will need to "unwind" all references (starting at the lowest levels and deleting "up" in the reference chain). :(

Now, whether or not data from unused/deleted eSpaces still counts against your PE limit... I don't know the answer to that.

Thanks for the info.  I already have a process that uses Advanced SQL (DELETE statements) to unwind the data so I know I can delete it.