Is it possible to have asynchronous web service in outsystems

Is it possible to have asynchronous web service in outsystems

This is my requirement. I have a action which will take time and will be called multiple times doing the process flow.

So is it possible to create a webservice which i will just call not wait for response and proceed with the flow. I dont want timers because it in 1 process flow atleast 10 times this action wil be called. So the number of instances of timer waiting for execution will be very high
Hari -

Are you building the Web Services in OutSystems? If so, my recommendation is to do the following:

* Use an Entity to represent the input of the Web Service. This will be a "Batch". Accept a callback address.
* When the WS is called, store the parameters into the Entity, and give the caller an immediate "Success" message as well as the ID of the "Batch".
* Provide a WS that gives that status of a "Batch" ("Completed" with the results, "Error" with the error message, "Pending").
* Use BPT to hook onto the "OnCreate" event of the "Batch" entity to perform the actual processing.
* When the processing is completed, call the callback address, and pass it the Batch's ID.
* The calling app can either receive the callback, look at the ID, and choose to check status, or it can just check status on a timer, or as needed.

J.Ja