my first application

my first application

I am planning to build my first application with the AgilityPlatform but facing a difficult problem to solve even before I start building the applicaiton.

For the workflow of this solution, I need the users to carry a mobile device running my application to scan barcode on products stored in an assembly area. The user would scan each product to know its intended distenation from the application on the mobile device to be able to rel-allocate the product to its intended dispensing area for later shipping.

I dont know if there is a mobile device that can run my Outsystems application and also has a bar-code scanner. The only mobile bar-code scanners I know of are those running the old windows mobile and my information this old OS is not able to run modern browsers like Chrome necessary to run an Outsystems application.

I would appreciate any help or advise from anyone in the community for what mobile device that can fit the profile I explained in the workflow.
Hi.
There are some apps to read barcodes. I haven't used them, so I can't recommend one, but for instance try this one:
http://www.outsystems.com/forge/341/zxing-services/