[Test Automator] Using TestAutomator with Integrated Authentication sites

[Test Automator] Using TestAutomator with Integrated Authentication sites

Forge Component
Published on 2015-11-16 by Paulo Garrudo
16 votes
Published on 2015-11-16 by Paulo Garrudo
Hello there,

My outsystem application has Windows Integrated authentication. When running a selenium test script, firefox displays a dialog requesting user and password. I have overcome this when using selenium IDE by creating a Firefox Profile and adding to it a plugin for Integrated Authenticaion (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/integrated-auth-for-firefox/versions/).

But when I run the script with TestAutomator, there is no way to set the firefox profile for selenium to use, because I have no control over the java command that is executed.

Do you know a way to overcome this?

Thank you very much,
Pedro Vieira
Hi Pedro,

I've no experience with such scenario, but if you need to change the java command, I would advise you to customize user action Suite_RunTestForEngine_Selenium in TestAutomator.oml. Look for the way IntructionsLine local variable is being built (in assign Set Jar parameters cmd line).

As an alternative, a possible solution would be having a different flow (disabled in production) for logging in the user, without integrated authentication, that would be used for Test Automator scripts only.

Thank you Paulo!
I have edited TestAutomator.oml as you suggested and it worked fine.

Best regards,
Pedro Vieira