can any one give me one example how to use ListappendAll action

can any one give me one example how to use ListappendAll action

Hi all,

Can one give me one example how to use Listappendall action.

Thanks,
Sudhakar.
It is a bit different from most actions, because the result isn't in Action.Result, but in the inserted variable.

You select one Record List, and add it another. The first one, now has the union of records from both.
Nuno Reis wrote:
It is a bit different from most actions, because the result isn't in Action.Result, but in the inserted variable.

You select one Record List, and add it another. The first one, now has the union of records from both.
 Thanks @Nuno Reis,

my reruirement is i want to add listofAll countries to one field(we may call it as Country field) and display the listofAllStates related to that country in one field(we may call it as State field) . Can i use "LISTAPPENDALL" action for my  requirement,If Yes pls help me out how can i achive this..

Thanks,
Sudhakar.

Unless you want to keep adding states, that's not what it is meant for. Your requirement is a lot easier.

You have two fields, one for Country and one for State.
In the preparation you have two queries, one GetCountries, and one GetStateByCountryId.

What you need is an onChange action in the Country field. That action will refresh the GetStateByCountryId query with the value of Country variable, to later on refresh the State field.
Nuno Reis wrote:
Unless you want to keep adding states, that's not what it is meant for. Your requirement is a lot easier.

You have two fields, one for Country and one for State.
In the preparation you have two queries, one GetCountries, and one GetStateByCountryId.

What you need is an onChange action in the Country field. That action will refresh the GetStateByCountryId query with the value of Country variable, to later on refresh the State field.
 Thanks Nuno Reis,

i will add some more countries and states in future(these two fields are dynamic)

In the preparation you have two queries, one GetCountries, and one GetStateByCountryId.---need small clarification on this statement

How can i add values to country and state is my question.

Thanks,
Sudhakar.
I madde a small example.

Tables Countries and States, with the regular screens List, Edit, Show.

There are two pages.
FromDB is the logic I explained above, with queries and refreshes.
ByUser is what I understood from your post. It uses ListAppend (not ListAppendAll)) you can add countries and states to the dropdown, but they aren't saved in the database.
Thanks Nuno Reis.