Importing tables into extension import wizard

Importing tables into extension import wizard

When I attempt to import an entity into an extention in Integration Studio I get a list of databases.  I select 'OutSystems' which is where all of the application tables should be located, but I only get the table "sysdiagrams'.  Why am I not getting a list of the application tables?
Hi Bob,

If the table you want to import was created with Service Studio you should make that Entity public on the module that defines it and reference it on the module you want to use it. You don't need to use Integration Studio for this!

Cheers
Hi Andre,

I'm new to Integration Studio.   Actually what I want to do is to create an Extension that has an input parameter that is an entity record passed to it from an eSpace.  After the record has been retieved using a normal OS CRUD Get, I want to execute the Extension to do some specialized work on the attributes in the record, then pass the modified record back to the eSpace.
How do I define the Extension's input parameter for the record?  I thought I OS would some how give me a list of entities that I could choose from to get the record structure or do I have to manually reinput the structure? 
Maybe I'm just not understanding how Extensions work.  Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bob,

Can't you do those manipulations in Service Studio?
There's no way for you to pass a record of an entity defined in Service Studio to Integration Studio without having to do some mapping, i.e. you can create a entity definition on the extension and use it as input and output of the actions in the extension, but that entity definition is not the same as you have defined in Service Studio so you won't be able to assign it transparently.

Cheers
Thanks Andre,
I need to think about this a bit more.  I think I've seen somewhere that a record can be passed to an extention as an object which gets serialized to allow manipulating the data in the object.  I was hoping for something easier. 
Bob,

You probably seen that on a component like XMLRecords. It is surely not that easy to use....
Nonetheless you should weight the maintenance effort of this versus having the logic in Service Studio.