How do you prevent system components from being replaced?

How do you prevent system components from being replaced?

I've been using the personal environment ever since it became available and have downloaded many components from Forge.  I downloaded one last week, Amazon EC2 Connector, and it totally screwed up everything I've been doing because it replaced the RichWidgets with a version 6.0 copy.  It doesn't seem reasonable to replace components delivered as part of the system with older ones.  Is there any way to prevent this?  Can the software be fixed in the future not to do this, or at least ask before just overwriting a newer component?
Hi Curt,

We are working very hard on a way to avoid that particular problem. We don't want developers to be afraid of installing components from Forge, so we will add some new impact analysis capabilities to the component installation process with version 9. As Paulo mentioned in NextStep, the Community is really important for us and we want to empower you with tools that allow our Community members to share their knowledge.

By the way, do you need help with your environment?

Cheers,
José Caldeira
Thanks for the information.  I deleted the offending eSpace and republished the original 8.0 versions so my environemnt is OK.
I got burned again by this problem using the Facebook Connector component from the Forum.  Again, I was able to republish the original versions (it overwrote both Users and RichWidgets) but this is becoming a significant problem for me.