How to hook "When Published" of another eSpace

How to hook "When Published" of another eSpace

Here's an interesting problem:

I have an eSpace that I need to trigger an action when ANOTHER eSpace gets published. It will need to have its cache invalidated when any other eSpace gets published, but I do not want to have to have those eSpaces invalidate the cache in a When Published timer, since that means those eSpace creators will need to remember to add the timers.

This is for a component in the Forge. :)

J.Ja
Hi!
You can probably build a timer that gets executed every x minutes, checking for new records in the Espace_Version system entity.
Paulo -

The problem is that the query *must* deliver up-to-date information or else the Action will deliver incorrect results.

But you did give me a hint to the answer! The queries are inside Actions which get called. The Actions can simply query Espace_Version, looking at the eSpace ID of the currently executing eSpace (I forget the name for that, I found it a few weeks ago), and compare that to a local Entity that stores the version/timestamp of the consumer eSpace previously. If the consumer is more recent, it invalidates the cache and then stores that new version/timestamp. :)

J.Ja