Backend processes and Popup screen on click of a button simultenously doesn't work

Backend processes and Popup screen on click of a button simultenously doesn't work

Hi,

The requirement is:

We want a popup message on the click of a button. But on the click of the same button, there are backend processes to be done.

In such scenario, we can implement only one thing i.e Popup or Backend processes.

Could you please let us know any ways through which both the requirements are satisfied.?
Hi Harsha,

Can this backend process be launched on the preparation of the popup?

Cheers
Hi,

what andre said basicly.

Furthermore I fail to see you want to fire up 2 "events".
Does the popup has interaction?
is it just a blocking-mechanism to prevent a user to do other stuff, until the background-process has finished?
Do you need to provide feedback when the background-process has finished, or is it fire&forget?

We need to provide the feedback when the background process has finished. It is like a Save scenario where you create database records and then you show the confirmation message in popup.
Hi Harsha,

I guess what you want is to implement your logic in the screen action and then provide feedback to the user.
Is this logic too complex or does it take too much time that you need to perform it in an asynchronous process?