Is it possible? Reviews & booking

Is it possible? Reviews & booking

Hello,

New to outsystems and seems really a powerful tool but not sure yet if it is not too entreprise oriented for my needs? However before I dive into it I need me make sure what I am trying to achieve is possible. Not having seen it in the component I will ask here:
- Is there a tool for uploading and then showing photos like a gallery/portfolio?
- Is the booking component working fine? Can users define when they are free and book other user's free slots in the calendar?

Thanks in advance,

Have a great day,
So it looks like you need three different components to accomplish all this.

1) Uploading files - a quick search in Forge for 'upload' shows four components that do this and I actually know there are more if you look around.  You'll have to try them to see which works best for you.

2) Photo gallery - again there are several components but the 'Simple Carousel' component should work for you.

3) Calendaring - I haven't used any of the calendaring components but there are several that should do what you want.  The 'Scheduling Platform' component looks like it might work for you.

The good news is that all of these components can be modified so you can do exactly what you want.  Take some time to experiment and you'll see how easy it is.

Pierre, welcole.

Anything that can be done in the web, can be done in OutSystems. The question is if what it does for you is enough to justify the effort of learning a new platform.
Considering that the tricky parts of code have been done by someone else like Curt proved, seems only the specific part is left for you to do. Try the platform for a day or two in your spare time to see how easy it is.

Around here everyone thinks OS is the best tool to do it :)
Hi Pierre,

Besides the excelent suggestions above, take a look at
http://www.outsystems.com/academy/
and
http://www.outsystems.com/academy/training/
as there are a lot of learning materials there.

Cheers!