9.3 Change Reusable Page Elements

9.3 Change Reusable Page Elements

  
You can make one improvment on this:

When you try to edit, let's say change Unclassified to High but then you click cancel you should be redirected to the Unclassified Issues not the High Priority Issues. I created a local variable to  hold the initial priority. 

:)
Hi Henrique,

That's a nice improvement to the application!
If you are learning on your own you should really try to implement this behavior, since as Henrique points out, you will need to know from which page the user came from, and redirect them to the appropriate page.
My IssueEdit page displays 0 and null for both expressions ID and Description variables, I don't know where I went wrong because I seem to have followed the tutorials detail for detail..

There anyway someone can point me to what I'm doing wrong?
Denis Liamkin wrote:
My IssueEdit page displays 0 and null for both expressions ID and Description variables, I don't know where I went wrong because I seem to have followed the tutorials detail for detail..

There anyway someone can point me to what I'm doing wrong?
 
Hi Denis,

It seems you are missing an input parameter on the detail page to fetch the Issue from the database on the preparation action (which you are missing as well).

For the switch logic in the Cancel action, it might be better to test the GetIssueById.List.Current.Issue.PriorityId value rather than IssueEdit.Record.Issue.PriorityId.  Why?  Well, you won't need a local variable (as suggested by Henrique) since the original data is already in scope. if the user changes the priority on screen but then decides to cancel, you are testing the stored database value rather than any updated form value.  This means that the user will be navigated back to their original (correct) page.
Hi,

I have a problem. I cannot get the filtering on the aggregate working properly The filter is defined as:

IssueTable.List.Current.Issues.Priority=PriorityId

PriorityId has the correct value, but for unclassified the aggregate returns all records, for prio high/low no records are returned. So, what Iam I doing wrong?
If you are using Aggregates, then your condition should be 

Issue.PriorityId = PriorityId
At this stage, all your issues are set to unclassified, so there's nothing to show on the high/low priority.
Keep watching to see how to implement an edit screen that will allow you to set your issues to high/low priority and make them appear in the corresponding screen.
Joao Fernandes wrote:
If you are using Aggregates, then your condition should be 

Issue.PriorityId = PriorityId
At this stage, all your issues are set to unclassified, so there's nothing to show on the high/low priority.
Keep watching to see how to implement an edit screen that will allow you to set your issues to high/low priority and make them appear in the corresponding screen.
 Thanks, got myself now after long thinking. Sometimes it's still very confusing whre to get the records.
 
No worries ;) it's a lot to learn.
  1. Implement a single functionality
  2. Test all scenarios of the functionality with real data
  3. Use the debugger if something goes wrong.
Happy Holidays!
why is that, that all input elements is border-less even though the stylesheet of the chicago theme has a styles for all inputs with value of "1px solid #ccc" and I'm using the latest service studio.
Mikro Price wrote:
why is that, that all input elements is border-less even though the stylesheet of the chicago theme has a styles for all inputs with value of "1px solid #ccc" and I'm using the latest service studio.
Hi Mikro,

Can you share a screenshot of this? Can you also share an example of this? You can export your module using Ctrl+S. 
 
Boa tarde,
Cheguei ao fim desde video e quando fui tentar actualizar as informações apareceu o erro da imagem abaixo... Revi os videos atraz mas não consegui resolver...
Nos videos mostra a usar a Simple query e na App usei o Aggregate.

Se me poderem ajudar agradeço imenso.

Sem mais assunto,

Melhores cumprimentos,

Ruben Cruz,



Ruben, the error message has a clue to the problem: "Issue with primary key 0 was not updated".
This means that although you are seing information about the issue on the screen, when you are using the CreateOrUpdate action, you are not sending all the information to the database.

At least the IssueId is empty.
Use a breakpoint on your save action and inspect the values you are saving in the database, to find the source of the problem.
Joao Fernandes wrote:
Ruben, the error message has a clue to the problem: "Issue with primary key 0 was not updated".
This means that although you are seing information about the issue on the screen, when you are using the CreateOrUpdate action, you are not sending all the information to the database.

At least the IssueId is empty.
Use a breakpoint on your save action and inspect the values you are saving in the database, to find the source of the problem.
 
 Hi João,

Thank you for the help.
Problem solved.

Cheers

Ruben Cruz,