Barcode Scanner on IOS

Barcode Scanner on IOS

Hi, 

On iOS the barcode type "ITF" is causing issues and not scanned properly. 
On Android however, it works just fine. 

Here's a link to an image with an ITF barcode: 
http://www.morovia.com/free-online-barcode-generator/bax93c157b4a82bff981ff7faa86fba3de3.png
Hi Pedro,

According to the plugin documentation https://github.com/phonegap-build/BarcodeScanner/tree/1.0.1 the ITF barcodes should be supported on iOS as well, but apparently its support is commented on the plugin code. We can uncomment that section to enable it but that will only be available on the next version of the application (it takes a while for Apple to approve each version).

Do you specifically need ITF barcodes or can you use another type in the meantime?
Hi Marco, thanks for reply.

Yes, i need ITF barcodes.
We need to wait for the Apple approval process so that we may have the new version, with ITF support, on the store. This process usually takes around 2 weeks and it only depends on how fast the reviewer guys are at Apple. We were already planing to submit a new version by the end of this week and I'll inlcude that update.
Hi Pedro,

The new version was already approved by Apple, the approval process was much faster this time, so you can not test the barcode scanner with ITF barcodes.
Hi Marco,

I tested the barcode scanner(ITF) on iOS, and it worked perfectly ! 

Thanks again !
Hi Marco,

Unfortunately after the first positive tests with started getting error readings from the ITF barcode scanner in IOS.

Hi Pedro,

Can you describe what are the errors you are finding? Does that errors only occur with ITF codes?
Hi Marco, 

The ITF barcode scanner code in iOS not correctly read the code (reading partially), compared with barcode scanner on Android.

IOS Version: 7
Android Version: 4.1.2
Hi Pedro,

I did have the same issue in my ITF tests, but when I tried again eventually worked. The accuracy of the barcode scanner depends on the quality of the image being captured by the camera, which sometimes causes the read to do a parcial read. What you can do is to check if the resulting number is valid and if not, run the scanner again.
Hi Marco,

I did that to solve this problem, validating bar codes ITF and EAN13 and messages of "Try Again" for partial readings.

Thank you !
Pedro Costa