[Email Campaign Manager] Version Error

[Email Campaign Manager] Version Error

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2014-08-25 by mozzello
1 vote
Published on 2014-08-25 by mozzello
I am getting below erroe while trying to open the downloaded component..

Regards,
Venkatesh Gude
Hi Venkatesh,

I built this app back in 2006 with version 3.2 of the platform ... so a lot of time and platform versions have passed since. The eSpace needs to be updated to be used. What platform version are you using?

Cheers
Michel
Hi Michel,

I understood that. Is any there any chance to reuse that application with later versions because I am very new to outsystems but need to implement email functionality...
let me know if any..
At present I am using 8.0.1.8+

Regards,
Venkatesh Gude
Venkatesh,

I've managed to get some help from our maintenance team to upgrade this app to version 8 (attached and updated component version history).

However, since this app hasn't been changed since 2006, I'm afraid it might have some bugs.
Since it was built with an old platform version, many of the features you have built in today on version 8 were not available at that time, and therefore the way the app is built might not be the best for you to learn about using emails with the platform. 

Anyway, let me know if this helps...

Cheers
Michel

HI Michel,

Great effort and its working fine for me..

Everything is done except mail functionality. Can you please go through the below screen shots and provide valuable inputs to work with email functionality...

Regards,
Venkatesh Gude.
Hi Again Michel!
Below is the problem identified by me and error log to understand better. Do needful on this asap

Regards,
Venkatesh Gude
Venkatesh,

As I mentioned yesterday, this sample app was created a long time ago, when the email functionality was not as seemlessly integrated in the platform as it is today.

I'm not sure if it is a good use of your time to debug such old code.
Instead I would advise you to take a look at this forum thread
http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/11645/how-to-send-emails-from-your-personal-environment/

and also refer to the current documentation about email usage here http://www.outsystems.com/help/servicestudio/8.0/Web_User_Interface/About_Emails.htm

Hope this helps
Michel