remove zero from integer input when user starts typing

remove zero from integer input when user starts typing

I have an integer column on an edit form. By default 0 is displayed for a new record. The user wants me to get rid of the 0 when they click into the input control and start typing OR never show a 0 and just leave the column blank. The column can be NULL in the database.

I played around with the prompt property but it seems for integer columns the prompt is not used. is there a way to get the prompt to work for integer columns? or is there a way to get rid of the 0 in the first place?
Hi,
Use the 'Null Value' property of the text input (set it as 0). This way you'll get rid of the 0 in the first place.

Thank you Paulo, that worked!
Just one question about this. What is the difference between setting the Null Value property to 0 vs. NullIdentifier()?
Thank you.
Using NullIdentifier and 0 makes the same in most cases.

Like the name says, NullIdentifier is for Ids. Usually it matches 0, but they may differ.

In an input text field, if the variable is null and a 1000 appears to the user, it may cause a big confusion.

In an input form it is uncommon to enter Ids. At most you select from a drop down or something like that. If Nullidentifier was set to 1000, it will make no difference to the user.
Thank you for the explanation.