Date type Input

Hi, 

How can i use date type input on OutSystems app ?

I tried using input_calendar widget and extended properties. Extended property works perfectly using google chrome for mobile (Property = Type, Value = "date"), i'm using android version 4.1.2

Thanks !

Hi Pedro,
I think you already gave the answer.. Currently, if you want the type to be setted as "date" you need to add an extended property. Check if the browsers' native helpers are enough as "calendars". For example, in mobile, you will have native pickers to choose your date.

Best Regards,
Vasco Pessanha
Hi Vasco, 

Yes, using the extended properties works perfectly using google chrome on android and OutSystems app on iOS, however, does not work in OutSystems app on Android.

Thanks,
Pedro Costa
Hi Pedro,
I will try to reproduce the problem and come back to you as soon I have an answer..

Best Regards,
Vasco Pessanha
Hello Pedro,

Just tried this out and it seems to work in Android, version 4.4. Which version are you running?

Cheers,
Rodrigo
Hi Rodrigo, 

I am using the version of android 4.1.2. 

How did you do? Only used (Property = Type, Value = "date") on extended properties?
I'll test on other versions of android.

Thank you,
Pedro Costa
Hello Pedro,

It is in fact a problem with the Android version.. just tested in 4.2 and the input calendar is not available, which is confirmed in "Can I use?".

As an alternative, you can use the calendar input from rich widgets. If you set the extended property, it will still work as expected on 4.4 and launch the calendar on 4.2.

Cheers,
Rodrigo