Need to enforce referential integrity constraints for referenced Oracle DB

Need to enforce referential integrity constraints for referenced Oracle DB

Hi, 

I' m trying in service studio to use a referenced Oracle DB where most of the entities have composite keys.
Since composite keys cannot be used in outsystems, I cannot accurately represent the Referenced DB in the entity designer with all the relationships. How can I do this in order to enforce some referential integrity rules?
The referenced DB is a legacy DB therefore I cannot change its structure. 

Thanks,
George
Hi George,

The relations displayed in the designer are not really relevant for external databases. For external entities all mappings and representation are just visual. Even without having them represented there, the external database will still enforce them if they are defined in the database.

Regards,
João Rosado
Well, the problem is that the database was created using COOLGEN and all the referential and entity integrity rules are enforced by that tool. So far I have been using stricltly COOLGEN for DB updates. I am investigating now the use of outsystems for direct DB updates and bypassing COOLGEN.In this scenario though I would like to be able to define the entity identifiers and reference keys within outsystems  in order to have outsystems enforce those rules as well (Just like COOLGEN did). This is hard though because outsystems cannot handle composite keys. I can enforce the entity integrity constraints by defining unique indexes for each table that has a composite key. But what do I do with the referential integrity constraints? How can outsystems know that 2 entities are related if I cannot define the composite identifiers and composite foreign keys that my entities have?