[Event System] [Event System] Publish Error on Platform version 9.0

[Event System] [Event System] Publish Error on Platform version 9.0

Forge Component
(19)
Published on 1 Nov by Leonardo Fernandes
19 votes
Published on 1 Nov by Leonardo Fernandes
Hi,

We have recently upgraded our Platform to version 9 and when I try upgrade/re-publish the Event_System solution it throws an error during compilation of the 'EventSystem' extension. (See stacktrace below)

There was an error validating the extension: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'OutSystems.NssEventSystem.RLWidgetRecordList' from assembly 'OutSystems.NssEventSystem, Version=8.0.1.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' because the parent type is an interface.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.ServerCommon.Extensions.ExtensionValidator.CheckExtensionConsistency(String temporaryXIFPath, String temporaryResourcesDirPath, String anonTypesXml).

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jayson

Hi Jayson. Good to know that people are using this component :)

I am already aware of the upgrade problems for 9.0. However, it may take me some time to properly fix it.
Please, tell me, is this affecting your team? Is it ok for you to wait, say, 2 weeks?

Thanks!
Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your quick response. There is no major impact to our team, we just started using it in few of our modules so we could trigger specific actions inside a web block instead of refreshing the entire web block, to improve performance. We just rolled back to "refresh web block" for now, until this component fixed.

Hope you get this fixed soon. Just let us know when a patch is already available in Forge.

Regards,
Jayson
Hi Jayson. Grab the 1.5.0 version for a compatible version with 9.0.
And make sure to read the documentation to discover more scenarios on which this component can be useful.

Best regards,
Leonardo Fernandes
Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for the update. Was able to publish it sucessfully in version 9.0.

Also noted on the link you provided.

Regards,
Jayson