email address

Hi there.

Is it possible to use Email feature included on Outsystems platform and send an email to for example this email address [my:name]@domain.com?
If so how can I do it?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Tiago Reis

Thanks Nuno.
But the real question is: Can I send an email to a email address with "[" on the email local part?
Thanks in advanec.
Best regards,
Tiago
I tested and got " '[my:name]@domain.com' is not a valid email address."

I don't think it can do it. Maybe Emails API can be adapted to allow for more addresses.
Hi Nuno.
Thanks.
That's what I'm getting, that's why I asked if is there some "trick" to do it on Outsystems side.
Best regards,

Tiago

Hi Tiago,

Is that actually a valid character for an email?
I tried a couple online email verifiers and none worked with it.

Regards,
João Rosado
According to Wikipedia "they must only be used when contained between quotation marks"

The best place I found to test addresses is this one
Hi.
Thanks for the help. I've tried between quotation marks and even so It says its not a valid email address.
Best regards,
Tiago

Hi.
Thanks for the help. I've tried between quotation marks and even so It says its not a valid email address.
Best regards,
Tiago
Do you really need such an address?

No tool implements the rule completely. It would take too long to process and the email would be strange and hard to say.
Hi Nuno.
Maybe not. I'll try with a "normal" one. Thanks
The square bracket is NOT a valid character i the email address.

If you want to put a name AND an email address together, either construct it properly using strings per the SMTP RFC, or use the "EmailAddressCreate" function that is built into OutSystems.

J.Ja
Hi James.
I've already tried using the outsystems EmailAddressCreate but for my context it doesn't work. Thanks anyway..
I'm trying to build my own extension :).

Best regards,
Tiago Reis