List records in web service request?

List records in web service request?

Hello all. 

I find that if I am consuming a web service which has part of its request structure defined as below, the value of attribute "label" and element <value> are not created in the soap request (in fact <Item> elements are not created at all... even though the values are present in the record when debugging in OutSystems). I wondered if there is some sort of restriction with use of XML attributes and/or consuming a web service which has this sort of loosely defined structure?

<Items>
     <Item label="field1">
          <value>field1 value</value>
     </Item>
     <Item label="field2">
          <value>field2 value</value>
     </Item>
</Items>

Hi Theo,

Lets see if I understood correctly:
  • You have a webservice with a text parameter that can take any xml string
  • You are using some extension to convert a recordlist to xml
  • The output of the extension is not giving you the output you wanted

Is that it?
What extension are you using?
it also helps if you could uploading a sample eSpace with your problem.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João,

Actually no, sorry for not being more clear. I am not using an extension. The web service has this structure defined in the WSDL. I simply imported it as a web reference. The resulting record type when having any attributes or values set in <Item> does not actually get created as an element when assigning the record type to the input for the web reference and invoking the web service. I would send an eSpace but the code is at work and they have blocked the OutSystems website! I will upload an eSpace when I am able to. I just wondered in the meantime if there was any particular restriction on creating web references using the "out-of-the-box" feature when the WSDL has this sort of structure.