How do you import users/clients from an external database (MS DyNAV) or excel sheet

How do you import users/clients from an external database (MS DyNAV) or excel sheet

Hello all,

In outsystems, I know in the Users Espace that you can add users while assigning them to groups and specific roles manually. What I want to know is how do I automatically populate the Users espace with users/clients from an external source such as an excel sheet or MS Dynamics NAV. Seeing as you can't really touch the users espace as it is part of systems and can't be edited. 

Please let me know if you need more detail. 

thanks,
anthony c.
You don't need to edit the Users eSpace even if you could.  The Users eSpace provides all the actions you should need to accomplish what you want to do.  Look under the Logic button (top right), look for the Users folder and you'll see all the available actions.

You'll have to spend some time figuring out the best way to import the users but using an Excel sheet is probably easiest.  I would create a bootstrap function which will automatically give you the general flow of what you need to do.  Then modify that function calling the User actions as needed.

Hope that helps,
Curt
I just found this:
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/12775/how-to-bootstrap-users-with-roles-and-groups/

Is that link basically what your talking about, if so thank you.
Exactly!