Search feature

I have version 8 on outsystems and therefore no aggregate function like shown on the training videos, and so therefore we do not know how to implement a search function when using a combo box.

i was wondering if there was a guide on how to do this using the older version of outsystems

This component in Forge might be helpful -
Thank you for your reply... i have had a look at this link and it means downloading additional features which we cannot do at the moment... is there not a step by step guide on how to do it with the features on this version.
That would be the same as asking if there is a step by step procedure for creating a search feature in any language or any platform.  Do you know how would you do this in Java or .Net?

You just need to think about what you need to do.  You need a text box to accept the search item, then you need a SQL statement to do the search and you need a table to show the results of the search.  If you don't know how to do these things you'll need to learn more about the platform by looking at the training videos.  If you can do these things you should be able to create your own simple search from which you can build better versions as you learn more about the platform.

Hope this helps,