Can't publish MySQLConnector

Can't publish MySQLConnector

Im having trouble publishing the MySQLConnector. 
I'm currently using the platform 8 because there is compatiblity warning when I use SS9. I downloaded the MySQLConnetor 1.2 (http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-versions/383/MySQL+Connector) and try to publish it in my personal environment. But it gives me errors. and at the end it says "1 component was not published: 'MySQLConnector'". What I am doing wrong? 

And can't I use the Database Connections module in the Service center of my free personal environment? it is stated that it is  part of the Databases Direct Connect feature. So it means I can't integrate MySQL database in my application when im using the free environment?

Please tell me some details. Thank you.

Hi Gerardo,

To be honest, I haven't tried to use it in v8 of the Platform.
Regarding installing it in your personal environment, not sure if it will work, since in the requirements you need to "Have mysql-connector-net installed in the server where your extension is running", and since you don't have access to the machine itself, it will be unlikelly that you will be able to use it (If you find a work around, please share it)!

Have you tried to publish the eSpace, and see the specific error?

Thanks,

RG

Rúben Gonçalves wrote:
Hi Gerardo,

To be honest, I haven't tried to use it in v8 of the Platform.
Regarding installing it in your personal environment, not sure if it will work, since in the requirements you need to "Have mysql-connector-net installed in the server where your extension is running", and since you don't have access to the machine itself, it will be unlikelly that you will be able to use it (If you find a work around, please share it)!

Have you tried to publish the eSpace, and see the specific error?

Thanks,

RG

Thank you Sir Rúben for the feedback.
 also is that mean I can't use/try MySQL or create external database connection if I'm using the free platform environment?

Hi Gerardo,

That is a limitation of the free platform environment. At the time we launched the free edition we though that feature would be important only for enterprise customers. Can you tell us about your use case, or if you are trying to evaluate the platform. 

If you prefer you can send me a private message.

Cheers,
José Caldeira wrote:
Hi Gerardo,

That is a limitation of the free platform environment. At the time we launched the free edition we though that feature would be important only for enterprise customers. Can you tell us about your use case, or if you are trying to evaluate the platform. 

If you prefer you can send me a private message.

Cheers,
Thank for the feedback Sir José.
In my case, it seems that we are going to create a systems using outsystems in the near future. and will use an external database for it. While waiting for that, i want to study how it works and how can i use/setup external database connection so that i can use it properly when the project begin. But now I can only use the free platform environment.

Thank you.

Hi Gerardo,

Let me just add that, from a security point of view, it is not a best practice to opening your DB to the world. I usually recommend our personal environment users, that want to access their internal DB, to create a web service that exposes the DB.
In the Enteprise edition, where you can put the DB and the server in the same secure network, you will be able to leverage our built-in connector.

Regards,
Thanks for the feedback Sir Arlindo.
In that case, is there any way I cant study/know how the external database integration works and how to set it up?
I ca'nt find any tutorial or video about it. Thank you.
Hi Gerardo,

Check these topics from the Reference Help: