Mobile Interface for iPhone/iPad (OutSystems Now)

Mobile Interface for iPhone/iPad (OutSystems Now)

I downloaded the iOS source code for the OutSystems Now app from GitHub.com into the Xcode development environment on my MacBook Pro. After customizing, rebranding, and making a few iOS 8 updates, I have a functional iPhone/iPad app that I'm happy with.

So, what's the problem? Well, the app crashes on my iPhone/iPad if less than 2 applications are accessible in the referenced OutSystems environment. For example, if I set the login user's access to only 1 application in my personal environment, the app will crash (every time!). Give the user access to one more application and the problem disappears. No crashes.

Anyone got any thoughts?

dvj 
Hi Daryl,
What if you access that environment with OutSystems Now? Does it have the same problem? or is it only on your modified version?
It (un-modified version) was doing the same thing, but unfortunately, I upgraded to the 'latest-n-greatest' of the OutSystems Now app from the App Store and a module in my personal environment is no longer compatible. I have to update the references in my environment and re-publish. Unfortunately, I cannot do right at this moment. I submitted my version of the app to the AppStore and Apple is currently reviewing (dissecting) it. I don't want to make my environment incompatible with the version of the app they're currently reviewing. Once it is approved (fingers crossed), I'll re-publish and begin the hunt for the bug. As long as I keep 2 or more applications exposed in my environment, it works fine.
Without re-publishing to my personal environment, I'm this the move to Apache Cordova 3.6.3 May be where the incompatibility is occurring? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I new to this. I noticed in the Native module that a Cordova.js resource was imported? Will re-importing this file correct the problem? That's assuming that it actually is the problem. Since I'm holding off re-publishing my OutSystems code, and I can't rebuild my iOS code until Apple verifies my AppStore submission, I'm kinda just waiting and grasping at straws for the moment.

Any thoughts and/or ideas are welcome.

dvj
Hi Daryl,

OutSystems Now has a different behavior when the user has only one application available. If there is only one application, the application list screen is skipped directly to that application. Both behaviors are working correclty on the latest version, so I'm not sure what is wrong with the version you got.

We will be releasing the new source code, compatible with the current OutSystems Now modules on the forge, during this week so you might want to merge into that (eventually after you get the approval from Apple).

As for the cordova.js, that should not be a problem unless you changed the plugins which I believe you didn't. From your description I would say it has something to do with the redirection to the web view when there is only one application available. You can also revert the to the previous OutSystems Now module version using Service Studio and keep it that way until you get the latest source code.
Thanks for the response. Now I have someplace to start looking. The single-application functionality you described would be ideal. That's exactly how I would like for it to function. I still have a copy of the original code I downloaded from GitHub.com, that's where I'll begin the quest for MY mistake. Many of the changes I made were to clear deprecation warnings (Long to Integer). Relieved to hear that Cordova updates shouldn't be an issue. 

Wish Apple would accept or reject my submission so I can dive into this with both feet. Maybe they are having an issue with the Google Drive Connector demo being displayed in my sample screen shots? lol!

Thanks again for your time. 

dvj