Hi All,

just wondering, what is the name of the Jquery being loaded per page in Outsystems. is it osjs? and if i were to instansiate another jquery, what will happen? Also, is outsystem loading a JqueryUI plugin? and what version?

Thanks,
Ron
jQuery is available for you as $.  I think you'd have to import jQuery UI manually, but I could be wrong.
Why do you want to instantiate another jQuery when it's already there?
Hi Joshua,

We are actually working on a theme and widgets and those widgets require JQuery version 1.9 higher. I may be wrong but i think the version built in outsystems is version 1.8 . 

Regards,
Ron
Hey Ron,

I think you're right if you are using Service Studio 8, but I'll find out (once my personal environment gets upgraded) if Service Studio 9 has a newer verison.

Regards,
Josh
Hey Ron,

I got version 9 and it uses jQuery version 1.8.3.  I'm not knowledgeable in using multiple instances of jQuery simultaneously (perhaps others in the community may have ideas), but I hope it works out for you!

Have a nice day,
Josh
Solution

Hi Joshua:

José Fábio Vieira explains how to use a more recent/diferent jquery version in the following post:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/26819/integrate-plugin-for-a-recent-jquery-version/

You can also look how the jQueryGoodies component in the forge is implemented. it adds jQuery 1.8.x (not sure what version) when the "1.4.2 OS" version is selected.

Solution

Note that it appears jQuery UI doesn't work with OutSystems.

Specifically, I now know after hours of trying that the jQuery UI dialog box wont work if you want to put fields in it... all text fields remain blank.