Your outsystems platform license expire, so what happens next?

Your outsystems platform license expire, so what happens next?

In Version 4,5,6
  • 1-Click Publish is disabled;  
  • Licensed features of Service Center become unavailable;
  • Applications remain online and unaffected.

However in version 7 or 8 applications are taken offline!

• 1-Click Publish is disabled;  
  • Licensed features of Service Center become unavailable; 
  • Applications are taken offline
(http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9863/what-happens-when-your-platform-license-expires/)

However in Outsystems Platform version 9, it has revert back to the original behaviour, that is when outsystems license expires, "application remain online and unaffected"

Can someone from outsystems confirm the following 
  1. Which version did outsystems platform take application offline? was this in version 7 or was this version 8?
  2. In version 9, did outsystems revert the back to the original behaviour and is the behaviour outsystems is going to keep moving forward? (applications remain online and unaffected when license expires).

I would like to see an answer about this behaviour too.

Can you explain what happens for different versions? Are applications taken offline in version 8 and 9?

Thank you
Solution
Hi,

Actually these behaviors changed around Version 6.
From 6+ the licenses switched to a Subscription Model (versus the previous Perpectual licensing model).
So apart from some custom negotiations it is something like this:

Old licenses continue to the same conditions as they did on previous versions: applications are not turned offline since the license was not time limited.

New licenses (or licenses renegotiated to this model) follow the Subscription model, so applications are taken offline after a license becomes invalid.

There is no change on any of the latest versions, what can change is the type of license installed.

Regards,
João rosado
Solution
João Rosado wrote:
Hi,

New licenses (or licenses renegotiated to this model) follow the Subscription model, so applications are taken offline after a license becomes invalid.

Is this in Production mode only? or both production mode and development mode?
Applies to both.
João Rosado wrote:
Applies to both.
 Is this for both .NET and JAVA? interesting because my app never expires! I just cant publish thats all.