[Social Network] Social Network 

[Social Network] Social Network 

Forge Component
(12)
Published on 5 Jul by Justin James
12 votes
Published on 5 Jul by Justin James
Hi guys!

I just want to let you know that the first version of the Social Network is out!

This first version has all the basics. You can share links, files, photos and ask questions to your peers... all connected to a notification system.
The APIs will let you integrate a social feed inside another application.

Coming soon:
- A Realtime chat App (an upgraded version of another personal project)
- Realtime chat integration with the social network
- Groups
- Events
- Photo Albums

Let me know you ideas!

Hope you like it!

Hélio

Awesome!
Looks good! Here are some other ESN, you might want to look into for inspiration? http://mashable.com/2013/06/14/enterprise-social-networks/
Jive's recommendation feature, is quite interesting, it's similar to Facebook's "People You May Know," but instead, shows profiles of people you should get to know in your company, based on shared interests and related areas of expertise.
Awesome Robert, I'll take a look into that! 

Thanks!
Hello Helio and everybody. I tried to install the application and I am getting this error:

https://myserver/customHandlers/notfound.aspx?

Do i need to install something else?
Hi Johannes,

This component has a dependency to the "Profile Utils" component. 
Have you installed this component via Service Studio (outsystems/forge tab)? Unless you do it via Service Studio you have to install all the dependencies in your environment first.

regards,
Hélio

Thanks Helio. I installed it using service studio. I will try reinstalling...
Hello Helio. I reinstalled the application... Same error message.

Do you have any idea? 

Hélio Dolores wrote:
Hi Johannes,

This component has a dependency to the "Profile Utils" component. 
Have you installed this component via Service Studio (outsystems/forge tab)? Unless you do it via Service Studio you have to install all the dependencies in your environment first.

regards,
Hélio

Hi again,

Can you check (and let me know) the error log in service center?

http://<your_server>/ServiceCenter/Error_Logs.aspx

Thanks

Of course. These are the errors listed:

In the attached file i am sending you the detail of one the errors.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Hi again Johannes,

The problem you're experiencing is a known issue (already fixed). 
There is a very simple workaround:

Open the Social Module and change the Flow named "Plugins" to any other valid name and republish the module.

sorry for the inconvenience,

Hélio

Thanks a lot Hélio. It worked fine.
May I ask... do you have a projected date for the release of Events feature?
Hi Johannes,

I don't have immediate plans to create these features. It consumes a lot of my personal time and recently I don't have much.
I can say that it is with high priority on my backlog. I'll probably start working on it on september.

Hélio

i succesfully setup the social network app . But when i run it i get this error message "The page cannot be found. Please make sure you typed the URL correctly. and the url shows a custom error handler.There are no broken references evrything was all setup nicely. Thanks
Hi Tmlewin,

This is a platform issue that is already solved. The personal environments just haven't been upgraded yet.

You have a workaround for this, just open the "social" module, rename the "plugins" flow to something else and republish the application.

Hélio
thanks helio ,it worked, but i cant create sample user when i click  create sampleuser button,it pops an error in user feed.. i can only login with admin, and when i login with admin, i dont see any content it seems it doesnt load the sample data.
Hi Tmlewin,

Both problems were fixed in version 1.0.1 (just published)
Sorry for the late reply.