[Chat] Realtime version is here: Version 2.0.0

[Chat] Realtime version is here: Version 2.0.0

Forge Component
Published on 2015-11-24 by Hélio Dolores
28 votes
Published on 2015-11-24 by Hélio Dolores
New Version 2.0.0 available!

This new version includes a brand new Mobile version and a Realtime engine using Node.js
No more polling requests. 

Hope you like it!

You can find a live demo here:

Best regards,
Looks great but the demo page only has your Social Network functions.  I cannot find any chat function on the page.  Did I miss it or did it get deleted?
Hi Curt,

It should be ok, but please access the page in HTTP (not HTTPS because I don't have a valid certificate for the node.js server).

Please let me know it that's the issue.

best regards,

No, that's not the issue.  I never tried to access it using HTTPS.  The issue is the the link above goes to your Social component, not the Chat component.  There is nothing that I can find on the Social component page that would invoke the Chat component.  I took a guess that the URL with /chat instead of /social would work and it seems to get me to the correct page but I don't know any valid credentails to log in.

It's not a big deal, I just wanted to see it before downloading it.

Hi Curt,

The chat component demo is integrated on the Social App, to show that it can be inserted in any other application, like Facebook has the facebook chat.
The /Chat page is only a backoffice for configurations, for you to choose in which apps you want it to appear. 

The chat is available as standalone app only for mobile devices, inside OutSystems now.

This demo on the Social App will only work on Desktop (the chat will not appear on tablets and phones) and on HTTP request.

I am using my desktop to access the Social App.   The only thing that has anything to do with chat is an icon at the top right that says it shows previous chats but clicking it does nothing on my page.   I'll just install it and play with it.  Thanks.
That is weird. I'm seeing the contact list. You must have some errors in the JS console.

The previous chats will only work if you have the chat working also.

Please let me know If you have any problems on the installation.