Service Studio doesn't start after instalation v8.0.1.25

Service Studio doesn't start after instalation v8.0.1.25

Hi all,

After installing v8.0.1.25 and all the installation steps, service studio refuses to start. Just pops-up a screen saying that "Service Studio stopped due to problems". I've checked the machine.config and web.config files from the .net framework and seeams to be ok. I re-do the configuration tool steps and no sucess.
I've no ideia here, can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Ricardo Brito
Edge Innovation
Hi Ricardo,

I think It's better for you to contact OutSystems support and troubleshoot that directly with them.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João,

I would do that if we have another lincense, since we have community edition.

Redargs,
Ricardo Brito
Edge Innovation
Hi Ricardo,

From what I understand, you've installed both Service Studio and Platform Server on the same machine but only Service Studio isn't working. Is this correct?

In that case can you detail on when exactly Service Studio seems to hang? I'm specifically interested on whether it's before, during or after showing the splash screen.

Best regards,
Miguel
Hi Miguel,

No Miguel, both Service Studio and Integration Studio doesn't work. I've installed several machines with this version and this machine is the only one that Service Studio and Integration Studio doesn't start.

As I click on the icon it immediatly crashes, and sometimes shows the loading bar and crashes.

Regards,
Ricardo Brito
Edge Innovation
Hi Ricardo,

If it's both Service Studio and Integration Studio, I suspect there might be something wrong with your .NET Framework installation.

Can you use the tool available here to verify your install of .NET Framework 3.5?
If the verification succeeds, please click view log and save the file so you can attach it in your next reply.

Cheers,
Miguel
Hi Miguel,

I deleted this server and create a new one from scratch. I've installed SQL Server 2012 and the Outsystems Plataform Server 8.0.1.25 and Development Environment 8.0.1.25. All works great. I had to do that because we have one projet to start today and I couldn't spent more time solving this problem.
I supposed you're wright on your post. Something happened with .NET Framework Installation.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Ricardo Brito
Edge Innovation
Hi Ricardo,

Glad it's all fixed now.

Cheers,
Miguel