How do I drop/recreate personal environment?

How do I drop/recreate personal environment?

I have a personal environment that I would like to drop and recreate.  The reasons are:
(1) bootstrapping data no longer works when I update the original Excel file.
(2) Iterative changes to the database have created data columns no longer in use, generating warning messages like "Inconsistent database table and entity definitions: column 'OSUSR_mz4_Person1.WORKPHONENUMBER' exists in database, but there is no corresponding attribute in entity 'Person'." that I want to just clean up.

It's development so I don't need to keep the data.

How do I purge the database or otherwise recreate the environment?
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the OutSystems Community.

I can not fully anwser to the first question. But related to the 2, you must use a DROP COLUMN instruction in  SQL.

Best Regards
Alberto
Hi Ian,

In the personal environment, you can't access direct to the DB, so the solution that Alberto says to solve the warnings isn't valid. But you can hide those warnings, there's no problem to have those warnings in your eSpace.

Since the personal env is "unlimited" you can always remake your eSpaces now in a more precise way, and delete the old ones.

Finally you can always ask to success@outsystems.com if there's another way to clean your environment.

Regarding your first question, you can always create an action to insert records to from excel to your entities, by creating a page with an input file widget and you action always delete the records and insert the ones from your excel file.
Except that if you put in substantial work into the eSpace, recreating it isn't that trivial.
Hi Ian,

Regarding point 1, "it doesn't work" by design. That is, if you used the built-in bootstrap option in SS and if you already have data in the entity (which should happen the 1st time you published it after adding the bootstrap), then the bootstrap will no longer import the data from the excel (by design).

Check the Boostrap<Entity> action to understand how it works. Note that it's being invoked by a Timer (with the same name) set to execute when you publish the eSpace. All this can be customized, of course, which is probably what you really need.

Ian Johnstone wrote:
Except that if you put in substantial work into the eSpace, recreating it isn't that trivial.
If you have only one eSpace in your application, and if you don't care about the current data (like you stated), then all you need is cloning the eSpace (menu: eSpace > Clone).

I am not using the personal environment,

suggestion:
1. open the espace in service studio and keep it open.
2. go to service center, delete the espace
3. publish the espace, which should be version 1 again without any warnings
Statler & Waldorf and the amazing flappy tweedles! wrote:
I am not using the personal environment,

suggestion:
1. open the espace in service studio and keep it open.
2. go to service center, delete the espace
3. publish the espace, which should be version 1 again without any warnings
 Yes that did it for everything I needed.  Thanks :)

Sorry buddies
May you gently guide me to access Service Center ?
With the Service Studio open, go to your application and click "Application Management".  Click your module under Factory/Applications.  From the new page, there is a button on the far right called "Delete eSpace".