How-to user provider

How-to user provider

Hello, I wonder if I can create a user provider, using the personal license.

I am creating an app, and would like to create a specific user provider for my application, and have no doubt as to start doing this. I tried some documentation, but found nothing specific, someone could guide me?

Thank you
One way to do this is to clone the existing Users eSpace and make your own version. This will contain all the functionality and now you can modify the screens and add new functionality as needed. Having said that I would strongly recommend against doing this, based on my limited experience in this area.

I tried this approach but once I started making changes I realized that using a different eSpace has a significant impact on trying to manage the site. For example, once you clone the eSpace the default Admin user goes away in your eSpace but the default Users eSpace is still used by ServiceCenter and Lifetime, making things confusing at best. There were other consequences that I cannot remember now but they caused me to give up on the idea.

The best solution seems to be to just call each Users eSpace function with a wrapper function (MyCreateUser calls CreateUser) and within your functions add whatever you need. Every site I've seen has a UserExtend table to store additional user information, not available in the Users table, so this is common practice. You can still use the screens from the clone as a starting point but just copy and paste them into your application and start modifying them, calling your version of the functions.

Hope this helps,
Curt