Using Twilio for Inbound call integration. Possible? Or only outbound?

Using Twilio for Inbound call integration. Possible? Or only outbound?

I've seen the TwilioConnecter in the Forge but my use case is that I want to receive calls made to the Twilio phone number in the browser.

I've looked at the Twilio documentation and they have a javascript library for the client side functionality, but I can't tell whether the OutSystems platform will allow the server side logic in (in my case) C# to make the necessary calls to Twilio to register the browser as a device that's ready to accept calls. The code needs to be server side so you don't expose the Account ID and Auth token.

I'm pretty new to all this stuff and I'm trying to figure out whether it's even technically achievable with OutSystems.

What do smarter people than me think?
Rory -

Twillio does everything inbound with a callback system using REST services. So what you do, is put a call server side to register the Web hook and then make a REST service on your system to receive the inbound stuff. We do this with SMS just fine, in the Twillio extension we wrote and use (can't speak for the version 9 one).

J.Ja
Thanks Justin, I've progressed a lot further now, answering incoming calls in the browser and AJAX refreshing portions of the screen based on what the caller keyed in on their dial pad, works great.