e-commerce 

Hello,

Is there a tutorial how I can make a sort of e-commerce solution for a toy-library with outsystems.
When Im finished the tutorials I like to make something like that.

Roelof

This component in the Forge - http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/573/ecommerce/ - should go a long way to helping you with this project.

I tried that one but every time I try to download it into my personal enviroment I see a message that a there is a unknown error.

Roelof

Hi Roelof,

Where do you see the message? At what stage do you see it? Are there any errors or messages in Service Center?

I see this message when the package is imported into the service center.
I use the possibility to import it when downloading.
Do you have any additional errors in the error log in Sevice Center?

No idea. where can I find that error log then ?

Roelof

Hi Roelof,

It's the default screen under "Monitoring". Since knowing where the error log is is rather important, I suggest you make yourself more comfortable with Service Center. There's a lot of important stuff to discover there.

Oke,

Yes, I see there a error but I cannot copy/paste it to this screen.
It seems it cannot find a module or a depedency . I use the personal edition 9.

Roelof

Well, it should be normal text, so you should be able to copy/paste. Without the exact error message, there's not much help I can give.
I found it out. I can copy the logs to excel.

Here the error log :

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> ssServiceCenter.ExcptGeneralError: Module or version not found
   at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.PlatformServices_v8_0_0.Application_CreateVersionWithDetails(String inWSUsername, String inWSPassword, String inWSApplicationKey, String inWSVersionName, String inWSDescription, String inWSCreatedByExternalId, DateTime inWSCreatedOn, WORCCS_ModuleVersionInfoRecord[] inWSModuleVersions, Int32& outWSErrorCodeId, String& outWSErrorMessage)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

And there the stack trace :

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> ssServiceCenter.ExcptGeneralError: Module or version not found
   at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.PlatformServices_v8_0_0.Application_CreateVersionWithDetails(String inWSUsername, String inWSPassword, String inWSApplicationKey, String inWSVersionName, String inWSDescription, String inWSCreatedByExternalId, DateTime inWSCreatedOn, WORCCS_ModuleVersionInfoRecord[] inWSModuleVersions, Int32& outWSErrorCodeId, String& outWSErrorMessage)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at ssLifeTimeCore.WRefPlatformServices_v8_0_0.WRefPlatformServices_v8_0_0.Application_CreateVersionWithDetails(String inWSUsername, Boolean inWSUsernameSpecified, String inWSPassword, Boolean inWSPasswordSpecified, String inWSApplicationKey, Boolean inWSApplicationKeySpecified, String inWSVersionName, Boolean inWSVersionNameSpecified, String inWSDescription, Boolean inWSDescriptionSpecified, String inWSCreatedByExternalId, Boolean inWSCreatedByExternalIdSpecified, DateTime inWSCreatedOn, WORCCS_ModuleVersionInfoRecord[] inWSModuleVersions, Boolean inWSModuleVersionsSpecified, Nullable`1& outWSErrorCodeId, String& outWSErrorMessage)
   at ssLifeTimeCore.ExtendedActions.WebRefPlatformServices_v8_0_0_Application_CreateVersionWithDetails(HeContext heContext, Boolean[] optionalValuesBitMask, String inWSUsername, String inWSPassword, String inWSApplicationKey, String inWSVersionName, String inWSDescription, String inWSCreatedByExternalId, DateTime inWSCreatedOn, RLCS_ModuleVersionInfoRecordList inWSModuleVersions, Int32& outWSErrorCodeId, String& outWSErrorMessage)
   at ssLifeTimeCore.Actions.ActionServiceCenter_ApplicationCreateVersion(HeContext heContext, RCUserRecord inParamUser, RCEnvironmentRecord inParamEnvironment, RCApplicationVersionRecord inParamApplicationVersion, Boolean& outParamSuccess, String& outParamErrorMessage)
   at ssLifeTimeCore.Actions.ActionServiceCenter_ApplicationCreateVersion_Wrapper(HeContext heContext, RCUserRecord inParamUser, RCEnvironmentRecord inParamEnvironment, RCApplicationVersionRecord inParamApplicationVersion, Boolean& outParamSuccess, String& outParamErrorMessage)

Roelof
Unfortunately, that error says nothing to me. I'd advise you to contact OutSystems support (support@outsystems.com).
Hi Roelof,
The issue doesn't seem to be related to the app itself. Probably some dependencies. Some questions for troubleshooting:

• Which version of the app are you installing? The one (wrongly) labeled as 1.0.1 in the forge? http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-versions/573/eCommerce
  • What's your plaform version? You can check that in http://<youpersonal>.outsystemscloud.com/lifetime at the bottom section. Should say something like 
    Version 9.0.0.2
  • Do you have the dependent components installed? The platform should take care of that for you/inform you if you just double click the .oap file and let the development environment (service studio) proceed with the installation. 

Yes, I try the 1.0.1 version from the forge.

My platform version is : 9.0.0.7

On download I choose to import it into my personal enviroment and I see something about dependencies which are needed.

Roelof

Are you forced to download and install via Service Center? Can't you install it by opening the Forge from within Service Studio? And, if not, can you let us know what's the message shown there?

Can you try to install the dependencies individually: 
  1. Star Rating Widget
  2. Geo
  3. UPS Connector
  4. Paypal

No, I see when I press the download button a choice. To store it on my local machine or to import it into the service center.  

How can I open the Forge within Service Studio ?

Roelof

Top left tab

Hello,

It looks like the dependencies are downloaded and installed fine.
When the ecommerce module is downloaded and installed I see this message;

A problem has occured while publishing the dependencies
Error publishing dependencies
Done ; no module were published.

Roelof

Can you try the attached one? (it is a replica of the one in the forge, but perhaps it was not well uploaded)

Same error message.

Roelof

hmmm... another try. This one is a solution file (you should install it in Service Center -> Factory -> Solutions -> Upload and publish a solution.

If this works, this is probably a problem with my source environment.

Sorry but I do not see Factory. I only see a menu with Enviroment, Edit and Help. Maybe a difference with the Personal Edition against the commercial one ?

Roelof

In the Studio, click the little cog "Environment Management" and that will give you access to the "low level" management console. (you can also get directly to it by going to http://<yourpersonal>.outsystemscloud.com/ServiceCenter

Then I see these error messages :

Compiling eSpace References Compiling the eSpace references of 'eCommerceBackoffice'.
Missing Dependency Could not find the 'eCommerce' eSpace in this server. Application runtime errors might occur.
Missing Reference 'DisplayCurrency' Action was not found in the 'eCommerce' eSpace definition. Application runtime errors might occur.
Missing Reference 'DisplayPercentage' Action was not found in the 'eCommerce' eSpace definition. Application runtime errors might occur.
Missing Reference 'HomePage' Web Screen was not found in the 'eCommerce' eSpace definition. Application runtime errors might occur.
Missing Reference 'HomePage_Highlight' Web Block was not found in the 'eCommerce' eSpace definition. Application runtime errors might occur.
Compiling eSpace References Compiling the eSpace references of 'eCommerceSampleData'.
Missing Dependency Could not find the 'eCommerce' eSpace in this server. Application runtime errors might occur.
Missing Reference 'Customer' Role was not found in the 'eCommerce' eSpace definition. Application runtime errors might occur.

and at the end this message :

18 modules were successfully published. 1 module was not published: 'eCommerce'.
This is odd. Can you try to publish the ecommerce module individually? It should already be in your environment. Go to Factory -> eSpaces (it should be listed there). Enter it and click the Publish button on the latest version. If it is not there, use the one I attached to this post.

After that, you should be able to Publish the latest version of the solution: Factory -> Solutions -> eCommerce
-> "Publish" Current running version.

The publish stops here : Your server license does not allow using HTTP Security, and HTTPS/SSL & Client Certificates. Please do not use it or contact OutSystems for a license upgrade.

and I could not do the last step

Ah, got it.
The personal environments may not support enforcing HTTPS (I'll check on that). There's one screen that is forcing HTTPS (Checkout_Step4_Payment). You can remove it in your module or use the one I attached now. Please try to publush this one and then republish the solution (current running version)