Outsystems Server and Extension

Outsystems Server and Extension

Hi,
 Since JAVA applications can run on different OS (Windows, Linux), I was just wondering why when the server is a Windows server, the default extension that is used by outsystems is .NET and when the server is a Linux server, the default extension that is used is JAVA. I'm just wondering why do we need to create two codes for both .NET and JAVA (extensions) when JAVa can run on both Windows and Linux Servers. I hope you somehow understand my question.

Thank you.
I understand the question, I just don't understand you don't understand. First, you do not need to create both .NET and Java extensions. Just create the one you need (i.e. for the platform you are using). Secondly, companies like to use a platform they're familiar with. If you have already software running on .NET, or have programmers familiar with .NET, you wouldn't want to have to support a Java stack. Apart from the fact that in my experience, Java on Windows really sucks (but your mileage may vary).
Well, as a programmer, I create both extensions on .NET and JAVA so that whenever my company changes the outsystem server's OS, my application will still be flexible in any OS. It's just that I'm thinking if there is a way Outsystems' JAVA extension can run on both Windows and Linux Servers.
So you are telling me that you are doing double work, half of which goes untested, just in case your company may one day decide to use a different stack? I find that highly questionable, to say the least...