iDB2 DMBS connection string

iDB2 DMBS connection string

Hi

We are currently evaluating the OutSystems platform and would like to create a database connection to our AS400 DB2 database.  We have the iDB2 DBMS connection in lifetime, however we constantly get the message that the connection string is invalid.

Can someone please tell me what the correct connection string is ?

Hi Bilal, Have you tried to check on the site http://www.connectionstrings.com. In there you'll find several different connections string for several DBMS including DB2. Cheers
Hi Guilherme

We've tried all the possible options on connectionstrings.com without success.  We've been in touch with support today and hope to get an answer from them.  I noticed OutSystems an integration SDK with iDB2 plugin.   Will give this a go.  

http://www.outsystems.com/home/document-download/1306/92/0/0

We found the solution together with support
In order to create an iDB2 connection, the IBM iSeries Access drivers are required on the platform server.  We installed the complete iSeries Access software and the connection worked thereafter.  The installation document does not mention installing the IBM software.

We are running Informix version 12.10 which fully supports DRDA and would like to get the iDB2 driver working with Outsystems to fix any performance issues we have with using an extension.

Can anyone tell us where to get the iDB2 driver or provide it to us?
Hi Bilal,

You mention that IBM iSeries Access derivers are required on the platform server. Can you tell me how is that done?

TIA, Paulo

Bilal Haniff wrote:
We found the solution together with support
In order to create an iDB2 connection, the IBM iSeries Access drivers are required on the platform server.  We installed the complete iSeries Access software and the connection worked thereafter.  The installation document does not mention installing the IBM software.

Hi Paulo

We installed the iSeries Navigator client on the platform server machine.  This installed the required drivers and we could thereafter connect.

Regards
Bilal
Hi Bilal,

Thanks for your reply.
Let me just ask you one more thing. Who installed it, you or Ousystems?

Thanks again,
Paulo

Bilal Haniff wrote:
Hi Paulo

We installed the iSeries Navigator client on the platform server machine.  This installed the required drivers and we could thereafter connect.

Regards
Bilal

You need access to the machine, so if this is in the OutSystems cloud, you would need to ask them. If it is on-premises you would need to do it yourself.

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Thanks, makes sense.
I'll have to ask Outsystem then since this is in their cloud.

Paulo

Justin James wrote:
You need access to the machine, so if this is in the OutSystems cloud, you would need to ask them. If it is on-premises you would need to do it yourself.

J.Ja