Outsystems NOW - App develop and install in Android and iOS

Outsystems NOW - App develop and install in Android and iOS

Hi.

I'm new to outsystems mobile developement. Can someone tell me what steps are involved in developing Apps in Outsystems and them been able to execute them ina android ou iOS mobile device.
Hi Georgina,

The steps involved are pretty simple. 

1) You develop your OutSystems mobile web application

2) You install the app on your mobile phone (from the Appstore or Google play)

3) You start the app and connect to the environment where you developed your application.

Voilá. :)

You can find more information on OutSystems Now here.

Hope this helps,
Guilherme
Thanks for your reply.

If in version 8 of outsystems I develop a mobile application, how can I put it in the Appstore to install on an android or iOS ?

regards
Hi Georgina,

OutSystems Now is only available for OutSystems Platform 9. 

For older versions you could try to use the approach explained on this post. It's no as easy but it should work.

If you can I'd recommend upgrading to the latest version because OutSystems Now simplifies a lot for you.

Cheers
ok.

In version 8 can I still access the device gadgets like camera, GPS, etc ?
HI Georgina,

The integration suggested for older versions its based on cordova (which is the same system used by OutSystems Now). As such all native features supported by cordova should be available as well.

Cheers 

is there any information online where I can learn how to invoke cordova components in an outsystems environment ?
Hi Georgina,

If You search by cordova on our community you may find a few links that will have more information about it: http://www.outsystems.com/community/st_search.aspx#stq=cordova.

The first 2 should be helpfull in your case.

Cheers

Very helpfull.

one laste question, sorry. developing in version 8 a web mobile application, can I still put it on an Appstore for download ? I'm asking to know how can I make it available for people that I don't know.

regards

HI Georgina,

What you publish on the stores (Appstore or Play) its the native part (built with cordova) and its independent from the web mobile part of your application (built with OutSystems) so you should be able to publish it independently of the OutSystems version where you download the web mobile part.

Cheers

Hello, 

can you help me login to my enviroment in outsystemsnow, where do i configured the the users, i use my credentials but it won't work?

please help.

Regards,

Julius

Hi Julius,

Are you using the personal environment?

You should use the same user/pass that you're using to login into the users application of your environment. Are you able to login into the Users application (http://xxxxx.outsystemscloud.com/Users)?

What error are you getting when logging in in OutSystems Now?

Thanks,

Guilherme

Guilherme Pereira wrote:

Hi Julius,

Are you using the personal environment?

You should use the same user/pass that you're using to login into the users application of your environment. Are you able to login into the Users application (http://xxxxx.outsystemscloud.com/Users)?

What error are you getting when logging in in OutSystems Now?

Thanks,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme,

i'm using cloud environment, i can login to my .outsystemscloud.com/lifetime/Users_List.aspx, but when i logged to apps hosted in  outsystemsnow, it says invalid login.

please assist.

Regads,

Julius

Hi Julius.

We've checked the Personal Environment (PE) associated to your user email and it seems that it's not active.

If you go to www.outsystems.com/home and login with your credentials, you'll be able to get your PE live again. Click on the button that says "Wake it up now".

The login issues could be related with the inative PE.

Still, if you're using a different PE or the issues persists, you should send an email to success@outsystems.com, describing the issues that you're having.

Thanks.

António