Translations are not working for Form Labels & Web Screen Titles

Translations are not working for Form Labels & Web Screen Titles

  
Hi,

I noticed that Multilingual locale translations are not working for
1) Form Widget's Labels
2) WebScreen Title

I'm using version 9.0.0.11
I created List & Detail screens by dragging the Entity, then added the Arabic locale "ar" and went onto filling the translations.
I have an action SetCurrentLocale to set the locale to "ar".
On running the application, the translations for Form Labels and WebScreen Titles do not work.

Hi Charles,

I did a small test and in did was able to reproduce this. I'll report it internally but If this is blocking you I suggest you contact OutSystems support directly for a proper follow up.

Thanks
Thanks Guilherme
Hi Charles,
Quick followup I changed from ar to ar-AE (UAE arabic) and it seems to be working.(pls ignore "my" arabic as it was google's translated)


English

Arabic (AR-AE)

Can you try the same?

Cheers

I am having the same initial problem, everything is translating except the form labels, using "es-ES" and "fr-CA" . 

I created very specific labels so I could isolate the text easily in the Translations, set the behaviour to Translate but it just keeps coming up in English all the time.



My problem is resolved.

Because I speak neither French nor Spanish I was putting <fr> or <es> before the labels in Translations fields so I could see that the right text was showing up. e.g. Description (<fr>Description, <es>Description).

Generally this worked for everything but form labels, which remained steadfastly in English.

However when I removed the <fr> and put in the right translation (from Google) then the translated value showed up in the label.

So in my case it had to do with the special characters, once removed, no problem




Keith Matthews wrote:

I am having the same initial problem, everything is translating except the form labels, using "es-ES" and "fr-CA" . 

I created very specific labels so I could isolate the text easily in the Translations, set the behaviour to Translate but it just keeps coming up in English all the time.