Bug found: outsystems service studio not using user defined label via intelliwrap 

Bug found: outsystems service studio not using user defined label via intelliwrap 

If you create an entity and name it after a system entity for example, user or group. You will find that when you reference these entity in your application, and try to create a form using intelliwrap, outsystems will not use your user defined label. Instead it decides to label everything user2, group 2 etc! (however you can clearly see you defined the label as user and group, outsystems service studio wouldn't follow your label definition.
I noticed this a long time ago.  I had an entity that I called Application and unknown to me at the time there is an internal table with that name so it always added to 2 to the end of the name, which it does anytime you try and make anything with a duplicate name.

Unfortunately, this is not a bug.  You have to use some other name.
It was taken as a bug when it was first reported however it was never fixed. if you have not reference the entity or have reference the system espace but gave renamed a duplicate system entity to something else such as systemapplication , then you name your entity to application, this will configure the label as application in the entity property field, outsystems should now follow your defined label as shown. Otherwise why show the correct label then produce something different? (that's a bug!)
Hi Robert and Curt,

I just want to make this clear. The name of the entity is not the key parameter for the scaffolding patterns. The entity has two properties, 'Label' and 'Label (plural)' that are the ones used. So you can have an entity called User2 and still have the properties set as User and Users, and these are the labels used for scaffolding.

Cheers
André Vieira wrote:
Hi Robert and Curt,

I just want to make this clear. The name of the entity is not the key parameter for the scaffolding patterns. The entity has two properties, 'Label' and 'Label (plural)' that are the ones used. So you can have an entity called User2 and still have the properties set as User and Users, and these are the labels used for scaffolding.

Cheers
 Andre

You are right, however it is a bug when the user defined a value and the product does not follow the user defined settings?

How to reproduce bug -
1) Create a new eSpace, "MyApp"
2) Rename "User" entity (under system) to "SystemUser"
3) Create an entity and name it "User", check to see the label is set to "User" and Label (Plural) is set to "Users"
4) Use scaffolding to create a "Users" list and "User" detail page, everything works fine! "User" is named "User" as you defined it.

But what happens when you reference the eSpace?
5) Set the "User" entity that you just created to public and publish "MyApp" eSpace
6) Create another eSpace and reference MyApp.User entity
7) Use scaffolding to create a "Users" list and "User" detail page ... Wait what happened? you defined User.Label as User and label (Plural) as "Users" so why is  scaffolding naming everything "User2" and "User 2s" ?

Have a look at the "User" entity, the label changed from "User" to "User 2", thats not a value specified by you! thats something that changed on its own and did not follow the user's defined settings. - bug?