Ordering Data Series

Ordering Data Series

I currently have a graph which runs on the following preperation (see attachment)

The graph displays months 1-12 on the x-axis and $ values on the y-axis.

I wanted each of the months to be displayed as individual values (1,2,3,4,5) instead it was labelling (0, 2.5, 5) so i changed the x-axis format to display text values.

For some reason they are being displayed in the following sequence (see screenshot)

The rows in the preparation is sorted by MonthLength (text field), which currently returns 1, 12, 2, 3, 4 (not ideal but thought the graph would at least reflect this)

Only thing which sticks out is the graph appears to be sorting based on the amount of data series bands (6 and 12) have 4 each, (3) has 2, and the remaining have 1.

Any suggestions?
Hi Christos,

One idea that comes to mind is to have dates on the x-axis, so instead of having just 1,2,3,4,... as the month you could have 2015-1-1, 2015-2-1, 2015-3-1,... so that those values are interpreted as dates and not text or numbers. If you need a particular format for these you should check highcharts documentation.

You are getting that sequence because somehow those values are text strings not numeric or date values.  Change or convert to numeric months or use dates and it will work correctly.