Outsystems V9 - Disable automatic element selection on Merge window

Outsystems V9 - Disable automatic element selection on Merge window

Hello,

Is there any possible way to disable automatic element selection on the merge window?

Thanks,
Armando
Solution
Hi Armando,

In Outsystems Platform 9, we changed the merge mechanism so that, when you are connected to an environment, it automatically selects the changes that you have made to the module on your computer, and the changes that were made in parallel, and published, by other developers. This mechanism ensures that you do not lose your code or other developer's code.

There is no way to disable automatic element selection on the merge window.

Could you please provide us some more details about what are you trying to do (eg. merging with a different module, for example) and why you would like to disable automatic element selection?

Regards,
Ricardo Marques
Solution
Hi Ricardo,

First of all, thanks for the prompt answer.

My main concern is how reliable the mechanism is. Please be aware that I'm not saying that it's not reliable. I just want to make sure that nothing is wrongly selected.

Sometimes, when merging, a developer might "overtrust" the platform and choose a wrong version. In that case, comparing and merging with a previous version will fix it. With this feature disabled, the developer is forced to pay attention to the differences and then select the correct version.

I love this feature and it saves a lot of time but having an option to disable it would be awesome too.

Once again, thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Armando
Hi Armando,

Thank you for the feedback and concern.

We have extensively and intensively tested the merge functionality before making it available to the public. We continue to use it (and abuse it) everyday inside OutSystems, so that we can detect any bugs that may exist and fix them as soon as possible.

We are very confident that the merge functionality is reliable. If you detect any problems, please let us know!

Thank you and kind regards,
Ricardo Marques