Using DateTime in inlined SQL

Using DateTime in inlined SQL

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is easy way or best practice to inline DateTime in the parameter for advanced SQL?
When I have a dynamical SQL part, that includes DateTime, I would compose it as, e.g.:
{Entity}.[Modified] > CAST('2015-01-21 10:00:00' as datetime)

I was looking for some built-in formatting function that will format my DateTime as above, but couldn't find any appropriate. The functions available use server date format configuration, which I can not rely on, so I can easily get SQL error about varchar can not be converted to datetime.
I had to write custom function that builds this string straightforward, by using separate date parts and combining them.

But I think there should be some better way. Is it?
If what you are looking is a function that includes the CAST then there's none.
FormatFullDateTime would give you '2015-01-21 10:00:00'
André,
Off course the question is not in CAST, the question is how to format a date strictly as YYYY-MM-DD so that it can be used in SQL. And I don't mind against another aproach without character string, if it easy to use - this is just the way I'm used to do it. I was thinking that I'm probably not the first who uses DateTime in inlined SQL, so there should be some popular simple approach.

FormatFullDateTime gives me "23-January-2015 10:49:50", which is also what it's documentation states. Well, I have just checked that this value can be parsed by SQL, so I guess this can be used... Maybe it's even better than YYYY-MM-DD, because month name guarantees that it won't be confused with day.

Hi Igor,

I think Andre misstyped that, the one that gives the format you need is FormatShortDateTime
http://www.outsystems.com/help/servicestudio/8.0/Language_Reference/Built_in_Functions/Formatting_functions/FormatShortDateTime_Function.htm

Regards,
João Rosado
I stand corrected :)
Thanx João