[Unit Testing Framework] UTF_Core Publishing Permission Errors

[Unit Testing Framework] UTF_Core Publishing Permission Errors

Forge Component
(21)
Published on 5 Apr by Paulo Ramos
21 votes
Published on 5 Apr by Paulo Ramos
Hello,

I didn't get too far, simply downloaded Unit Testing Framework, everything except for UTF_Core was automatically published. In trying to manually publish UTF_Core, I was stopped by multiple user permission errors:
Required Permission

You are not allowed to use the Entity 'Process'.
Required Permission

You are not allowed to use the Entity 'Process_Status'.
Required Permission

You are not allowed to use the Entity 'Espace_Version'.

And so on. Does anyone have a solution? I didn't happen to see anything related to this in the quick start guide, but maybe I missed something. 

Thanks for your time and support.

Hi Bart,

That error is not from the UTF component but due to the lack of permission that you have to reference system entities in your environment.

Just check with whomever is responsible with the user management and make sure that you have the correct permissions to reference those entities.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Guilherme

Thanks Guilherme,

I'm the administrator for my system, shouldn't I automatically have the correct permissions?
Hi Bart,

If you're the admin then you should be able to publish without any issue. It could be some kind of problem with the roles or some error.

Are you using OutSystems personal environment on the clould?

Cheers,
Guilherme
I'm using an enterprise development, running on an EC2 instance.
Before i recommend you contact OutSystems support to help in a way I can't may I suggest you try a workaround?

Create a new user and give it full permisions on your dev environment and the try to publish while logged in with that user. I'm not sure if that is going to work but if there are some problems with your admin user permissions this might be a temporary workaround.

Guilherme
Where can I set dev environment permissions? I know page access permissions can be set in ~/Users, is that where other permissions are set too?
Hi bart,

No the Users application is used to manage user permission to access the applications.

What you need is to manage the infrastructure permissions which are used by the developers. You can learn more about infrastructure users & roles on the reference help.

Cheers,
Guilherme
Awesome, thanks a bunch Guilherme!