Slow Develpment Studio

Slow Develpment Studio

I don't know why but since we upgraded to version 9, development studio became very slow on some e-spaces. Does anyone had the same problem?
The simple act of dragging an action and search for an append can take 30 seconds up to 1 minute.
Thanks.
Hi Nuno,

By just upgrading you shouldn't feel that and certainly not 30s when dragging an action.

Have you tried to check the memory/CPU consumption while using the development environment?

Does this happen every single time and in all espace modules?

Have you tried to open those same modules on other pc? Do you get the same outcome?

Cheers,
Guilherme
Depends.

I do know, an aggregate of 7 entities is not the best idea I had ;)

Hi Nuno,

Not sure if this could be your case, but we have detected some problems in Windows 8 machines (mainly on the properties dropdown) that should be resolved in a revision coming soon.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Nuno Morgado wrote:
I don't know why but since we upgraded to version 9, development studio became very slow on some e-spaces. Does anyone had the same problem?
The simple act of dragging an action and search for an append can take 30 seconds up to 1 minute.
Thanks.
 In my case, I feel slowness Adding/removing references... it's super sllllooowwwwww!

And let's not talk about memory consumption. I'm getting peaks of about 1.5 Gb. Some say free memory is waisted memory, but even so I'm not getting any performance improvement.

Hi, after some testing i think i found a pattern (tested on other PC too).
Every espace I open i can see the RAM going up. Then if I close it, it keeps using the same RAM. Yesterday at the time of very slow performance my DevStudio was using 1.2Gb ram with only one espace opened. Restarted my machine and with the same espace opened was using only 550Mb. (And became much faster). Using Windows 7 btw. Thanks
Hi Nuno,

The way memory is handled is indeed a problem with Service Studio. It seems very reluctant to release the memory claimed, and if memory consumption is > 1GB, that's a sure sign you'll get slowdowns. However, you needn't restart your PC. Just closing then opening Service Studio suffices.
Hi All,
recently i also moved to ver9 and start getting dam slowness, not only in dev but also in qc. Any idea?
Any particular slowness? And which version are you on? 9.0.1.9?
Every thing...even a single list page .I am using version 9.0.1.4.

Well, I can't say I recognize that behaviour. But I would advise you to upgrade to Service Studio 9.0.1.9, it's by far the most stable version I've yet worked with.
Every request is causing CPU to reach to around 90%.