Forge Application Gauge Reuse

Forge Application Gauge Reuse

I am trying to reuse the gauge widget 'Projected VS Actual Sales' that was published in the forge application ExecDashboard. I get adjust the widget in my container successfully to the horizontal align. However, to the vertical align, the widget always show a lenght higher then the container length. I already tried several ways, including height especification, news styles and son on. But without success.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Hi Roberto,

Can you share a link so we may actually look into the html/css to suggest some workaround?

Cheers,
Guilherme
Oi Guilherme (if you don't speak portuguese please tell me),

Eu posso te passar o link da minha cloud Outsystems, onde eu faço muitos testes. Neste caso, teria que te passar a senha, correto?

Se for isso, te passo o link com o user e senha, e te oriento na aplicação onde poderei mostrar o problema.

Obrigado,

Roberto
Hi Roberto,

I do speak portuguese but the oficial language for the forums is english so the entire community can take advantage of the knowlege. And judging by your good english i don't think communication will be an issue :).

If you prefer you can share the link with me via private message and you can either put the page as anonymous or provide me with a temporary login (i'd prefer that than you providing me with your login).

If you're ok with it i will also share the outcome here so the community can take advantage of the answer as well.

Cheers
Guilherme
Ok Guilherme, I'll write in english. I'll prepare the application with detailed instructions about the problem and my login. Is the private message an email using, or some forum community resource?

Thanks,

Roberto
Just click on my name and on my profile page select "send private message".

Cheers
Guilherme
Hi Guilherme,

I'm sending the link by private sending. The application in doubt is the 'GaugeMeter". The problem is that I don't get to control de gauge height. For example, I would like to put the graph below gauge aligned with the right graph. I tried several ways, and the unique "success" was writing a comand 'heigth' within a chart section of the web block java script. It works, however the gauge don't is showed in a centralized form.

Thank you very much,

Roberto
Hi Roberto,

The highcarts charts have an height property which you can use to control the <a href="http://api.highcharts.com/highcharts#chart.height">height</a> (that's what is set when you use the "regular" charts that come with the Platform).

Because your're using the Gauge chart through javascript you need also to pass this property.

And if you'd like to have an vertical center alignment you can increase the <a href="http://api.highcharts.com/highcharts#chart.spacingTop">spacingTop</a>.

Here's an example:

Hope this helps,
Guilherme
Thanks Guilherme,

It works, but the gauge dimension is shorter when I insert the spacingtop. It stays very small. Looks the attached file. This gauge was 'cut' from forge application ExecDashboard, and there the figure is show with a good length. I already analised this application, but I don't get to reproduce the same results.

Best Regards,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I believe now you should play a bit with the chart options. In your case I believe if you increase the panel.size to something like 150% and increase the spacing top.

I also recommend you use the highcharts jsfiddle for the gauge chart (http://jsfiddle.net/gh/get/jquery/1.9.1/highslide-software/highcharts.com/tree/master/samples/highcharts/demo/gauge-solid/) to test for the different options and effects.

Cheers,
Guilherme
Hi Guilherme,

Great, now I get adjust the height with the pane.size. I saw the good link that you sent me, and I decided to change my gauge to same visual. I had some difficult to do this, because I'm not a Java Script programmer. But with the try again process, I get my goal.

Thank you very much,

Roberto