How to rename an eSpace without Service Studio?

How to rename an eSpace without Service Studio?

I can't, by security policy, connect on Production environment via Service Studio. How can I rename an eSpace?
Hi João,

I think this might work:

1) Download the espace module from PRD environment using the management console.

2) Open the espace module and rename it by clicking F2 on the name and writting a new one. After renaming save the file.

3) Connect to your PRD environment and publish the recently saved file.

Just as a percaution I recommend you test this procedure on a non PRD environment before trying.

Cheers,
Guilherme

Can you open the management console and download the file. You'd open via Develop
Hi João,

If you can access Service Center (host/servicecenter) you can go to Factory>eSpaces, choose the eSpace you want and look for "Site Properties" where you can click "ApplicationName" and edit as you wish.

Cheers
Hi Tiago,

Changing the application name SiteProperty does not rename the espace module. Simply changes the title on the layout and this if João's application is still using the version generated by the platform when you create a new responsive module.

Cheers,
Guilherme
Guys, I think I didn't make myself clear. Let me try with more details. I need to make a refactoring. I have an espace (for now called A) that holds interface, logic, data and BPT. It is running in Production for 10 months, so I can't lose data. I need to extend the application with new modules sharing just front-end and reusing components as stated in best practices. So what do I think? 1. Preserve entities on eSpace A (so I don't lose data) 2. Move front-end stuff to a new espace (called FO) 3. Move interface, logic, BPT, site properties and others to an espace that has to be called A (so I preserve URL access just like before the refactoring - mysite.com/A) So, before step 3 I have to rename the A espace to AData. If I just rename via Service Studio, when I try to publish it on another environment I receive the message 'espace A alteady exists'. So here is my question.. How to rename the espace once I want to reuse the old name in another espace?
Interesting scenario. Anyone care to jump in and give some insight? I've never faced that one before.
Hi Joao,

The process is easy but it requires some steps.
I guess that you already did the refactory in dev by renaming the name of the eSpace A to AData and created a new eSpace A with all the front end stuff, right?!

If you did it, now you'll need to push the changes to the next environment.
This process needs to steps because you have an eSpace A deployed on the next environment that now is called AData and you have another eSpace A that cannot be published because you have already an eSpace with that name.
Step 1: You'll need to push the eSpace AData without pushing the new A. This will change the name of the old eSpace and update it to the new AData. 
Step 2: Now that you have the eSpace AData on the next environment, you can push the new eSpace A.

Does this make any sense to you?

I would recommend you try this in a non production environment, just to test the proccess.

Cheers
Hi João,

Were you successful in renaming the eSpace and using the data from the old one?
Is there any learning experience from the process Jose Ramalho explained you might want to share?

Thanks.
Cheers