[How To - REST Made Easy] Questions about video demo

[How To - REST Made Easy] Questions about video demo

Forge Component
Published on 2015-01-06 by Isaac Blaise
3 votes
Published on 2015-01-06 by Isaac Blaise
At 1:55 of the video, the NewService has a squiggly line.  It seems to be about that Errors are not being handled.  Where in the video is this handled/fixed?  

Also, at 1:04, it looks like the Web Services in the Logic tab have something in them, but it's never addressed in the video.  Do those get there automatically?

Great video by the way.

Hi Don,

Thanks for your feedback! Are you trying to write your own REST service?

You are correct in that at the flow level, errors are not being handled. The reason for this is that I created a 'blank' module, as opposed to a 'reponsive' one, where the Common flow would be created and the error handling would have been added automatically. This is definitely out of the norm, and a typical page like what you see would most likely at least have error handling added within the preparation to log any errors.

Regarding what's in the Web Services tab at 1:04, you can ignore that as it didn't have any bearing on the code I used to create the service. 

By the way, I'll most likely be changing this video over the coming year as some of Outsystems capabilities in this area improve. Let me know if you have other questions.

Yep, just to see how it works.  Finally got it to return data for me - missed the Anonymous check box on the RestService Web Screen.