Error retrieving servers: You do not have rights to perform this action.

Error retrieving servers: You do not have rights to perform this action.

I am trying to connect to a database resource in Integration Studio 9 and I am getting the error "Error retrieving servers: You do not have rights to perform this action.".  I do not have administrator access but I had our administrator check Service Studio and I do have Full Control over the database connection.  The administrator is able to connect without getting the error message.  Where do you update the access?
Hi Rebecca,

If you are using a database connection you should check it in Service Center. By the way what is the database engine you are connecting to?
SQL Server.  The database connection is already setup in service center and the development group has access to the connection.
can you paste a screenshot of the error? and also when it works for administrator?
We just had the exact same problem.

One of our devs only had a role with level "Change and Deploy Applications" and he got the same error: 

Error retrieving servers: You do not have rights to perform this action

We changed in LifeTime his role to one with "Full Control" and the problem was fixed.

This does not make any sense. A user should not have a Full Control level to be able to add external tables\views to an extension. This is change and deploy!

Full Control is definied as: Configure environment, database connections, zones, etc. Change and deploy applications.
Adding external entities\views is not environment configuration
Carlos, Rebecca,

Can you say what version you are using please?
Platform Server 9.0.0.23
Integration Studio 9.0.0.36
Carlos,

Is that across the board, meaning development environment (service studio and integration studio), server and management consoles (service center and lifetime)?
I think this might be a bug. Can you please report it to support?
André Vieira wrote:
Carlos,

Is that across the board, meaning development environment (service studio and integration studio), server and management consoles (service center and lifetime)?
Hi André. 
I didn't understand what you mean.

So, it's a bug?

Not sure if it is a bug you should report it to support.

I am getting the same error as Carlos.  I will put in a support issue.