[Excel2RList] 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine

[Excel2RList] 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2015-02-16 by Nuno Rolo
1 vote
Published on 2015-02-16 by Nuno Rolo
I installed Excel2RList and got the error in the title. It was solved when I installed the 64bit version of Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable.

Because I haven't seen references to this error, I assume something else installs the component. This was in a new server with pratically nothing.

In the link below you can get 64 or 32 bit versions (in case you recompile the xif as x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Hi Nuno -

I'm having the same problem and tried to install the 64bit version.  Did a bit of research on the error and tried some registry entries as well.  Any other suggestions on resolving this issue?

Thanks,
George
Humm,

What is the reason for this component versus the platform builtin ExcelToRecordList and RecordListToExcel nodes?
Hi Joao -

I'm trying to use this as I will not have control of the source excel columns to import.  My plan was to use this component to allow the user to identify the columns they want to import and in which fields in the final table.  There may not be column headers, will be various numbers of columns and may be columns the user should not import.  I've tested the built-in functions as well as looked all over the community and site and this component seems to be the best way to make this work - let me know if you have some other ideas! 

Thanks,
George