Download action in Outsystems Now - Android

Download action in Outsystems Now - Android

Hi there.

We are experiencing a weird behaviour in outsystems now for Android.
We have an action that uses the Download funcionality, and it works well both in Chrome(Win7) as well as inside Outsystems Now for iOS. We are testing with a docx and it loads nicely.
The problem is when we tested in Android, the button just doesn't do anything. No error, no nothing. It is ignored. Is there any restriction in using this funcionality in Android OS Now?

Thank you in advance.
Hi João,

Sorry for the late reply.
There is no restriction in using this functionality in OutSystems Now app. I did some tests on an Android device and it works. 
What is the version of Android that you are using to test this case?

Thanks,
Luís Silva
Hi there Luís.

It's the 4.4.2.

Thank you.
Hi João,

Are you using a custom version of OutSystems Now app or using the Play Store version?
My tests were performed on a Nexus 4 with the Android version 4.4.2 and all seems to work fine.
Can you try testing this functionality using the Documents application, available on forge, please?

Cheers,
Luís Silva
Yes, it's the version in Play Store.

Can you explain me how to use the Documents application? I already downloaded it from Forge.

Thank you.
Ok, I was able to work with the Documents application, and it downloads the document to a Downloads folder inside Android, but it gives an error regarding not finding the document (even if it is correctly downloaded, because if i try to open it from the Downloads folder, it works). It is clearly because of the "weird characters" in the file name, because after i tried with a simple test.docx, it worked. Can't we have something in the middle that cleans the document names, and removes these problems?
Hi,
Can you give me an example of the file name that didn't worked?

Cheers,
Luís Silva
"Manual de Criação e Impressão de Etiquetas.docx"
Thanks!
I'll try to reproduce this and let you know if there is something to do about it.

Cheers,
Luís Silva
Hi João,

First of all, I'd like to thank you about your feedback along this thread. With the feedback you gave us, we found a minor bug in our Android app and fixed it quickly. We'll launch this fix in the next version of OutSystems Now.
Until then, we recommend you to avoid filenames with special characters.

Thanks,
Luís Silva
Ok then.
Thank you for your quick resolution, I'll be waiting for the next version then.

Regards,
João
Hi.
Just a final question, do you have an estimate on when is it going to be available the new OS Now version?

Thank you.

Regards,
João
Hi João,

Sorry for the late reply.
The new version of OutSystems Now is available on the stores since April 6.

Thanks,
Luís Silva