Linking activity and process event entity

Linking activity and process event entity

I have an entity that exposes process events, and use this in a process. What I need is to link an Activity Id to the instance if that entity. In other words, given an Activity Id I need to obtain the Id of the entity. | need to do this since I have a kind of custom task box, that needs additional information that I can only obtain via said entity. Is there a way to do that?
Hi Killian,

If you use the process events of the entity then you are launching the process on a create event of that entity and this means you have EntityId as a input parameter of the process. Now you can use the On Activity Ready callback to match the EntityId and the ActivityId in a new entity for instance.

Another alternative is to Expose the Process Entity, this creates a read only entity related with that process that includes the Process_Id and the EntityId. With the ActivityId in hand you can query the Activity system entity to determine the ProcessId it belongs to and from there you have the EntityId.
Hi André,

I hadn't thought of using an OnReady to get the activity idea, thanks for the tip! I was aware of the posibility of exposing the Process Entity, but I can't use it in the custom task box (see also here for the specific reason, tl;dr wrong layer and circular references).