OutSystems 9: Indexes cannot be used with Lists, like they were with Record Lists?

OutSystems 9: Indexes cannot be used with Lists, like they were with Record Lists?

Hi!
I'm using 9.0.0.23.
Elements in Records Lists can be accessed using it's index.
Now in OutSystems 9, if I have for example a variable "Var1" of data type "List" and Element Type "Text", I cannot use indexes to access it's elements? For example: Var1[ 0].Text
Is this intentional?

Where can I find information in the help that explains the differences between Lists and Record Lists?
Thank you.

Hi Tiago, 
I'm using 9.0.0.36 and indexing seems ok.
Have you figured it out yet?
Hi Tiago,

If you have a Text List, i.e. a List of elements whose data type is Text (Var1) than the element in position x of that list is a text element and therefore you acccess it like this: Var1[x]

Hi!
Thank you for the enlightenment.
Since I was used to element of the list being a record I was using the "." operator to select the Text attribbute of the record, as can be seen by my example in my first post: "Var1[ 0].Text"

Yes, it works with only "Var1[0]".

João, you used "Var1[0].Value". I can't seem to replicate your example with success... What is ".Value" if the list is of simple data type "Text"?

But I still maintain my last question:
Where can I find information in the help that explains the differences (if there are any) between Lists and Record Lists?

Thank you.
Hi Tiago,

".Value" is the text element at position 0.

Before you would something like Var1[0].Text.Value... now in version 9 there is a simplification and you type less stuff.
This means that Joao is using a Text structure as the element of the list and not the basic type Text.
Tiago,

We are preparing a post about this subject (Record Lists vs Lists).
I'll post back here once we have it available.
Thanks for you patience.

Cheers
If you've wondering what's the difference between Record Lists and Lists, I've made this post to help you transition from one to another.